Swaps or transfers between individuals are not permitted for the 2023 event. Withdrawn registrations will be offered to the next eligible person on the official waitlist.
On closure of the Ballot Period (open 6:00 am Saturday 1st October 2022, closes 11.59 pm AWST Sunday 9th October 2022), entries will be allocated at random according to allocation processes and places available in the event. All initially unsuccessful Ballot entries will form the Waitlist. The Waitlist will be live on the event website on Monday 17th October 2022.
Please don’t swim without a valid entry; for the sake of you and your loved ones, for the sake of Surf Life Saving, your fellow swimmer’s and the event organisers and supporters. Our event is looked at closely each year for safety and if we can’t show that we run a safe event then the Busselton Jetty Swim will not be permitted, simple as that! We (SLS and the Volunteer BJS Event organisers) need every swimmer’s entry details as a minimum to assist with our duty of care on race day. As an unregistered swimmer we don’t know your name, age, level of fitness, special needs, medical condition, emergency contact etc. You also have not agreed to our conditions of participation or agreed to accept responsibility for the risks that an open water swim presents. Any breach of the Race Rules and / or Code of Conduct will result in the swimmer/s being banned from participating in the Event for a period of two years.
So every un-entered swimmer throws a level of doubt onto the management of the event and causes direct concern for those volunteers doing their best to look out for the safety of you and 4000 other swimmers. Please don’t disrespect the volunteers, Surf Life Saving and your fellow swimmers who work so hard to make the Busselton Jetty Swim such a great annual event.
For each swimmer you require the following information:
- Have they swum the event previously using another surname (so we can collate swimmer results)
- Estimated swim time (EST for calculating correct start wave) – not required for Kids Swim, One Mile, 500m or Teams
- Date of birth
- Mobile phone number
- Email – Please don’t use your work email – We recommend you use your private email address for entering the swim or signing up for notifications. Many swimmers miss vital communications from us as their work server blocks emails with attachments or our news and automated emails could trigger spam settings or filters. Other swimmers miss our communications as they are on leave and cannot access their work email.
- Emergency contact (name and phone number of somebody not swimming on the day)
- Any medical conditions (provided to St Johns and Surf Life Saving in case of emergency)
- Using wetsuit or swim aid (wetsuit, flippers, snorkel, speed-suit, pullbuoy)
- Special needs (this includes requesting a support paddler)
- How many times have they entered the swim
- How did they hear about the swim
- Why are they participating and what most appeals to them?
- How may family/friends/colleagues will be coming along as spectators/supporters
- Any suggestions
- How many nights will they be spending in Busselton (option for local resident or day visit)
- What type of accommodation (option for local resident or day visit)
- Do they have a story to share about entering the swim
- Team Entrants will have to select a swim leg
- Teams must now be entered as complete teams during the ballot.
- Teams of two will now only be permitted one change of team member and teams of four will be permitted no more than two swimmer changes before event day.
Payment details are required to enter the Ballot, however payment will only be processed once you are successfully allocated a place in the event. Please make sure your payment details are valid or you could miss out.
Can I use my work email to enter?
Why didn’t I get a receipt when I entered?
I didn’t get an e-ticket
I didn’t receive the newsletters
We recommend you use your private email address for entering the swim or signing up for notifications. Many swimmers miss vital communications from us as their work server blocks emails with attachments or our news and automated emails could trigger spam settings or filters. Other swimmers miss our communications as they are on leave and cannot access their work email.
No. To enter the event you MUST register for the Ballot which opens at 6:00 am Saturday 1st October 2022.
The Ballot closes 11:59 pm Australian Western Standard Time (AWST), Sunday 9th October 2022.
Entries will be open for the Kids Swim from Monday 17th October 2021 until Sunday 5th February 2023, unless sold out earlier.
The minimum age for swimmers is 8 years old on race day. Only competent swimmers who are fit and adequately trained should enter. We will be asking for proof of suitable swimming ability for swimmers 12 years and under. Please note that any junior swimmers must provide proof of completing and passing stage 8 (as per Royal Life Saving) or equivalent to be eligible to swim in the event. Parents or guardians are to email proof to email@example.com. Parents or guardians will also be required to sign a hard copy of the declaration/waiver at swimmer check-in. No award will be issued to the youngest swimmer.
No. To enter the 2023 event you must register for the Ballot which opens at 6:00 am Saturday 1st October 2022 and closes 11:59 pm Australian Western Standard Time (AWST), Sunday 9th October 2022.
No late entries will be accepted.
Only online entries will be accepted.
We are only accepting entry and payment online. You can use a credit card, debit card or Pay Pal to complete the registration.
In 2023, all swimmers receive automatic personal accident insurance as part of their entry fee. For more information on insurance CLICK HERE